Monday, July 15, 2013

Carrie's Diner - Dinner Menu This Week

I started planning out dinner for the week a few weeks ago and found that it really helps with organizing and staying committed to healthy eating. I send the weekly dinner menu out to my husband and sister - she likes to pick the days to come over and have dinner and we then know every night what we are eating. Because we're New Yorkers, you can't just go to the grocery store and buy all the necessary ingredients and bring them home, there is simply no room to store it all in our tiny apartments. So, after work, I walk by the grocery store next to my subway stop, pick up the ingredients for that nights dinner (Ill pick up all the protein on the same day, however), and then buy and cook for that night. Notice how I have quinoa two nights  -- that means I'll make double so I can have it for the next nights round.

Check out this weeks menu:

Monday - Stuffed Mediterranean Baked Chicken with tzatziki rice
Tuesday - Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with baked lemon chicken (this is nice with pork chops too)
Wednesday - shells pasta with broccoli rab and Italian sausage - we'll put in picnic basket and go to the park to watch the outdoor movie.
Thursday - BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad

 This helps with our weekly meals and it keeps us on track with eating healthy and not ordering seamless every night!

No comments: