Thursday, March 11, 2010

tea, anyone?


I love a good tea. I love a good old english tea house. I love when i can get good tea and a great tea house with my mama! The British Tea Pantry in Aldie, Virginia is the sweetest place I've been to in a long time. It's quaint, it's authentic and it was a perfect Thursday afternoon. We had the full afternoon tea with scones, tea sandwiches (with the crusts cut off!!) and biscuits with clotted cream and real strawberry jam. I just loved my afternoon,  and you can tell from my pics. Next time you're in Aldie, and you probably never will be (HA!)...  you need to see this adorable place and be brought back to jolly ole england.

welcome to the weekend, friends! I have one my bestie bests flying in from LA and I couldn't be MORE excited!

2 comments:

Mamma said...

Carrie, this brings back memories for me too! Had an english tea party for my niece's wedding shower. My mom and I made all the sandwhiches, scones, everything. It was awesome. A lot of work but when you get to do it with your Mom it makes it all that much more fun. I hope to visit this place in the future.

Say hi to Carly! You guys will have a blast.

Kere said...

kevin's parents live in that new neighborhood RIGHT behind that pantry. I pass by it every weekend when I go over there. And I live only about 5 minutes from there. Welcome to my hood :-)