Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just Some Thoughts.

If someone told me 10 years ago that I'd be living in the North in my 30's, I would have laughed long and hard while I was packing up my car in South Carolina.  I never had ANY thought of moving North. They talk funny and are aggressive.

If someone told me as little as 4 years ago that I'd be living in Brooklyn with a guy I had a huge crush on and just finished a great date with in Los Angeles, I'd say, "marriage and BROOKLYN?! Yeah Right!"

If someone told me as little as one year ago that I'd be moving out of PhilaDEATHia and living in Brooklyn with my amazing husband and would be pregnant, I'd quite literally spit out my drink.

But, here we are.

I, at times have little panic attacks about what we are about to do. Raising a child in Brooklyn just sounds so funny to me. Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic place... lots to do, lots of people and stimulation and culture, but, to raise a baby? Are we crazy? I guess we'll find out.

I admit, while nervous, I'm also very excited to raise my baby in such a multi-cultural, eclectic and exciting place. Where else can a baby/toddler see so much on one block? There are colors everywhere, albeit spray paint. There is a park right near us with lots of kids playing and lovely places to lay a blanket down for a picnic. The daycare we're PRAYING to get into has baby yoga, art and music time for infants. I'm a little jealous of our little tykes growing and expanding mind within this city.

Will we live here forever? Probably not, but while we're here I plan on showing my little mini-me a world that many never get to experience. I'll just have to leave before it starts to get that terrible accent. :)

We find out the sex on Tuesday. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Life is crazy and amazing. What an experience you're about to embark on! Can't wait to hear EVERYTHING and especially can't wait to find out if baby Kirbs is a girl or boy! Sending some southern love your way!!

The Sohm's said...

So fun!! I can't believe it's already time to know the sex of the baby!! You better call me this time:). Can't wait to hear!