Thursday, April 8, 2010

let's play a game called 'catch up'

... ok, I'll go first. 

We've gotten some GREAT news in the past week or so! 

FIRST! WE ARE BOTH EMPLOYED! Scottie got a job doing BD for a defense contracting firm in Tysons Corner in VA.  Of course he gets a corner office with a big window with a view. Lucky dude! As for me, I'm working for a media company which ironically will take me back to LA a few times a year. I already told the girls we're having a sparkle party part  duex! 

SECOND! I qualified for a new study for UC/Chrones. I start in a week and it's a daily shot in the arm. They expect the drug to be approved very soon but I am happy to be a lab rat if it works! I'm a LAB RAT! jealous? I know. 

THIRD! I don't have a third. Dammit. 

Life has been good for us lately... we spend Easter down at the lake in Spotsylvannia with some family. There were some vicious easter egg hunts, conversations down by the dock and a lot of kayaking. Here are some pics. 

I like to kayak without a paddle. :) 

We did check out another wedding venue... Black Horse Inn. We both really liked it, but we're still looking. 

our goal is to have a venue and date by the end of this month. 
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I'm going to start to blog everyday or close to everyday again. Just needed a little break. Hi, Friends!

4 comments:

Scottie said...

Hi Carrie!!!!!

the aussie said...

HAHAH, i love that you dont have a paddle - lazy shit, and good girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the jobs! And even bigger congrats on the being selected as a lap rat. I'm sure you'll be a model rat. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the jobs! And even bigger congrats on the being selected as a lab rat. I'm sure you'll be a model rat. :)