Friday, July 12, 2013

+ Pool = Cool!

Have you heard of Kickstarter? I look at it from time to time because it is a really cool idea, however, I never see anything Id like to actually contribute my hard earned money for. That was until I saw the +Pool about a year prior and was instantly obsessed with it and signed up for email updates, when and if they ever had any. When I then read they went to Kickstarter to collect funds to make the +Pool happen, I jumped at what I could do to help! Well, it looks like they reached their goal and the +Pool is actually happening in the East River in NYC/Brooklyn! How cool does this look?

the + Pool-From booze-filled pools to secluded ponds, the 5 best places to cool off in the water around NYC 

Well, I contributed and if this epic pool does get made, I will have my name on a tile for as long as its there. I think that's pretty cool. So, if you ever go, try to find my name! OK, that doesn't sound too fun, but, I am super excited for this because of two things... 1. I LOVE POOLS and 2. I can brag that my tiny contribution helped. 

Blurb from Thrillist.com: 
 That fact that it's able to push as far as the fifth spot despite not exactly being real yet should let you know just how awesome this thing COULD be. It's a floating pool in the East River that cleans all the dead dolphins and mobsters out by way of a science-y filtration system, and lets you frolic unencumbered by pollution in a way that hasn't been possible in like 100yrs.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow, this might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I watched the whole Kickstarter video and am amazed. People are awesome!