Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brace yourself people......

I'm coming out of retirement tonight and playing in my 1st Adult Baseball League in 3 years.





Things I think:
  1. I have not swung a baseball bat in 3 years
  2. I have not thrown a baseball in 3 years
  3. I don't own baseball cleats, cup, or socks
  4. My glove is 8 years old
  5. I have not seen live pitching in 3 years (I'm not counting slow pitch softball)
  6. I'm going to need a lot of Advil
  7. I'm surprisingly nervous
  8. I will go 3-5 with a double and 3 RBI's
  9. I will make at least one circus catch in centerfield
  10. I will be in pain for 2 straight weeks following this game


WISH ME LUCK!!!

I'm going up top!



3 comments:

Care said...

GOOOOOOOD LUCK! Wish i could go and watch you play! Next time. Love you!

DJRybone said...

Just a double? Kirby's shoot higher than that...

Mamma said...

How did you do??? Didn't see this entry. Hope it turned out half as good as you wanted it too. Do you want us to bring you your old gloves and/or baseballs? Maybe some of your Orange and Black gear that is still in the garage......hey, why didn't you put your pic in there? Fill us in when you can.