Monday, May 24, 2010

Open Letter

Dear Cab Drivers,

Im writing to every single one of you because I have a question that deserves an answer. You get paid to take me places right? I tell you my destination and you drive me correct? You only work in one city per-say and by being a cab driver designated to that city you should know the city correct?
I THINK IM CORRECT!

The last few times I have gotten into a cab I have 1. had to give the cab precise directions to my destination or 2. had to get the address from my phone (thank god I have a browser) so you can plug it into your GPS. Yes, you are providing me a service to my place of wanting to be, however, I think you should know where major landmarks are in a city. That would be like me starting a job as a receptionist and asking how to use the damn phone. I just don't get it. What happened to the days where cabbies knew their city and could go a back way because traffic was bad? NOT IN DC THAT'S FOR SURE! 

On Friday I asked you to take me to the baseball stadium. You asked me where it was, I said, "south capital street, SE" you asked me for a precise address. I almost ripped your head off. It's a MASSIVE BASEBALL STADIUM, YOU SHOULD BE KNOW HOW TO GET THERE! So, that's my Monday maniac rant for today. I think taxi's should know their way around the city, is that too much to ask? I'm not google maps and I'm not rand mcnally. I'm just a girl, trying to get to a baseball game but instead am paying for you to drive in circles because you can't find the place.


not so happy with cabbies, carrie

No comments: