Thursday, July 8, 2010

i have a girl crush

... and it's on Zooey Deschanel.

I ventured back over to 815 7th street at the 930 club on a balmy 107 degree night (i am not exaggerating... it was really 107 degrees) and walked into the most packed night i have ever seen there. If its not a "dancy" show i think 930 packs it more and when i say packed, I mean we were bunched like sardines. We all waited anxiously as the Chapin Sisters finished their set. (just so you know, the sisters were great... very folky, very harmonic and not at all boring. I fell in love with their voices). Around 930p She and Him made it to the stage. She and Him consists of movie star, Zooey Deschanel (Elf, The Happening, 500 Days of Summer -my fave) and singer songwriter M Ward.


First, she's tiny. like, tinier than you immediately think. I wouldn't venture to say she's no taller than 5'2. She's pixie'ish yet hipster with a hippy flare. Her voice belongs in the 50's and her lyrics belong in fairy tales or heartbroken emo poems, either way, I was in love. She's simply lovely. Had I not had a massive man in front of me to where I had to strain my neck to see the littlest bit of her (and really, there's not that much of her) I would have sat and listened to her all night. She's adorable, she can sing and M Ward... you are just the bomb with your acoustic strums and light as a feather vocals.

I would have taken pictures except all cameras were banned from the show and they literally made people carry their cameras back to their cars or check them into the ticket office. Why go on stage if you don't want your picture taken? Hollywood will always be Hollywood at the end of the day even if you are a pint sized cutie with a gramma dress on 90% of the time.

2 comments:

~Kelly~ said...

I'm so glad to hear the show was so good. Have you checked out Erin McCarley? She's my girl crush and also amazing!

Care said...

I will check out Erin McCarley! thanks for the suggestion!