Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FIONNA!!! The singer, not the ogre.

Ive been a bad bad girl. 
Ive been careless with a delicate man. 
And its a sad sad world
When a girl will break a boy
Just because she can. 

the beginning lines to one of my most favorite songs of all time. Fionna Apple captured my ears and strangely my music heart in my Junior year of high school year. Maybe it was her lyrics I related with, maybe because she too was a fellow female teenager,  or maybe because her songs are just so hauntingly beautiful... who knows...  But I was hooked and wore out her CD's faster than any other I owned.

Her debut album was packed with great songs, most played were Criminal and Shadow Boxer on radio waves... but for me, it was always Never Is a Promise that would still to this day be a tear jerker.

Oh Fionna, I am happy you are back. I missed your deep set almost dehydrated eyes. I missed your low enchanting voice and Ive missed songs that tell a story.

You play here in March, your tickets are REALLY expensive. (Jerk). 

Fionna in 1996. LOVED this video.
her now. glad to see she filled out a bit.

No comments: