Friday, December 30, 2011

To a Beautiful New Year

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day."
Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I love that quote. Its been making me think a lot about this upcoming year, 2012. I know in my heart of hearts (what does that even mean?) that 2012 is going to be OUR year. It's going to be Scott and I's year, its going to my MY families year, its going to be HIS families year and its going to be YOUR year. I just have such good positive vibes about 2012, I really cannot wait. 

Besides for a few days in 2011, its been a wash. I am happy to see it go and I might even kick it in the ass on the way out. 2011 has taught me so much about myself though, so I guess I can't just throw that out the window. We survived, we learned, we grew. One thing that was easy was loving. That has never changed or wobbled even with moving to a city where we knew NO ONE, me getting sick again and just having a hard time adjusting. However... that is ALLLLLLLLLL changing. I CAN'T WAIT! 


THE YEAR OF US! 


So now for my last open letter of the year: 


Dear 2012, 

You have a very pretty outfit on today. (See! I'm using one of my resolutions, "compliment more".) I'm excited to meet you and I think we're going to get along VERY well. I've been waiting for a year like you, filled with opportunity, love, adventure, health and happiness -- I have faith YOU are going to be it, all packaged with a big pink polka dot bow. 
You are going to be the best, biggest and brightest  
New Year around, so please shine!  
Now, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment with you because I know I wont let myself down with 2012. I'm determined to make it amazing. So, thank you for being here for the next 365 days. I'm going to use ALL of you to make it memorable. 

And to everyone, 
To all the great adventures life has in store for us... The best is yet to come.

Have a FANTASTIC NEW  YEARS! 
Not sure of our plan just yet, but, even if its snuggling on the couch watching the ball drop, I will be happy. If I'm hammered dancing in a sweaty mess, I too, will be happy... until the next morning.   


Some of my favorite days of 2011: 
WEDDING!

Honeymoon

summers at the lake

exploring Phily with friends

friends in Arizona


Scottie playing Ball

crazy weddings in Austin

AMAZING in NYC
 DOM at TLA -- and telling them they sucked.
Exploring Chicago
Girl Time in NYC :)
concerts with friends (VirginFest)

acting like an ass on the field of the Deadskins







There are SO many more, but, searching through all these pics is taking a long time. ;) 
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, FOLKS! Hi, 2012.... so nice to meet you!

No comments: