Wednesday, February 24, 2010

potpourri

potpourri - 
often used to refer to any collection of miscellaneous or diverse items. 
not the dried/rotten fruits. So, now that that is out of the way...

today's post is very potpourri. 

1. we went to the Wizards vs Bulls game on Monday night at the Verizon Center in Chinatown. We had SWEET suite seats and the Wizards ACTUALLY pulled out a win. Amazing! we got there early on a rainy night so that's why no one is there yet. Metro and walking... what a concept! :)

2. here's our front door. 
I'm still working on the inside photo's for yall. I haven't forgotten, promise! It's lookin GOOD though! 
3. I got hired to take pictues: (headshots and an active session) at a yoga studio here in 
Virginia! (Thanks for the referral, Jen!) I'm SO excited so I made Scott do some poses for me to practice and to send out a sample of my work... how good do they look?? 
I'm SO excited to be doing this! hopefully more opportunities will come up because of this.
keep your fingers crossed for me.

4. today we are going to a jobfair. ugh, but... there are some sweet companies there for Scott to get some face time in. CIA, Dept of Defense, Homeland, etc. I just told him to go in and say, "he hits homeruns, throws touchdowns and loves the good ole U.S.A" - I think he'll walk out with a VP title from someone. :) He has a cold, so send some good thoughts and vibes our way!

CA, AZ, we miss you. 
VA, I promise to see some of you soon, thanks for being understanding. Ill be back to my crazy/normal self in no time.

6 comments:

DJRybone said...

Congrats Carrie! That's effin awesome!

Mamma said...

AHHHHHHHHHH Miss you guys! Great pics. Carrie. Really. I think things will be picking up for you guys. Sorry to hear you have a cold Scott. Sending thoughts your way. Carrie, you look awesome. Good luck with the job fair.:)

Kere said...

great pics Carrie! You'll be fantastic at the job!

Care said...

thank you, Rybo!
Linda, i'll send you the rest of the shots of Scott. you'll like.
Kere, lemme know if you want me to take pics of your kids sometime. :)

Lisa Marie said...

Care, these pics are awesome. You have an incredible talent, pay up peeps!

the aussie said...

you got HIRED!!!! ahhh you are going to be a profesh photographer. i know it. thats fantastic news, im very proud of you. we are dressing up and having a photo shoot when i come ;)