Tuesday, February 16, 2010

REFLECTION

REFLECTION





When Carrie and I decided that we were going to move to Va after the new year I was very excited and a bit sad. I would close my eyes and picture how the move would be, what the condo looked liked, how I would feel when I said goodbye to my brother and cousin, and what emotion I would feel when I stepped foot in Virginia. Oooooooh how life is magnificent.

 



 All of those feelings have been replaced with thoughts of survival, feelings of concern, an emotions that leave you physically drained. I've learned a lot about myself caring for a loved one in the hospital when you are physically helpless. I've learned that a smile, a joke, a tear can mean all the difference when one is dealing with a disease. I can't imagine what my fiance went through physically, and emotionally but I do know she did it with a smile.


Carrie is a selfless human being who puts her friends and family before herself in any situation. You would never guess these past four months she has been in tremendous pain, I didn't. She smiles, laughs, and dances the pain away in order to keep OUR spirits up. THANK YOU
I'm excited about our future in DC, I'm excited to meet new people, and see new things. I have lived all over the US: The Bay Area, New Jersey, Orange County, Oklahoma, Arizona, New York, Santa Monica and now DC. I feel in my entire being that this is a place where I will stay, a place where Carrie and I will have a deep connection with.
I close my eyes tonight and I pray for a speedy recovery for Ms. Marvin, I pray for a safe flight to DC, I pray for an exciting life with a woman who has swept me off my feet.
I love you, Carrie.



7 comments:

Care said...

makes my heart melt and no, ladies, you can't have him. he's made just for me and im made for him. :)

thank you, scottie... love you more than i can express.

ready for the snow? with the roids im on i bit i could bruise your arm with a nasty snowball!

Kere said...

that was way too sweet!! :-)

DJRybone said...

Well said Brother

Mamma said...

Ok....I know I'm supposed to be brief.....Carrie, Scott described you perfectly....you are truly amazing. How grateful Kevin and I were to have you with us. Have a few snowball fights for us, ok? Love you both!

Lisa Marie said...

you two complement each other so well it's Scarrie : ) can't wait to come visit in VA! Beautiful reflection brother.

The Sohm's said...

Scott, I only know you from what Carrie has told me and from what she says and what you wrote here you are amazing along with your sweet finace'. I'm so happy for both of you! Carrie, I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Let's keep it that way.

Jenni

JenBax said...

What a sweet man! Reading this brought a tear to my eye. Seeing you Carrie thru Scott's eyes gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. The journey ahead will be fulfilling and inspiring! Scott, we look forward to meeting you.