Monday, February 22, 2010

Runs and We Sled With The Dead

After a weekend of pretty much relaxing and still getting the apartment ready, sidenote: I really HATE waiting for people to come to my apartment. I mean, "i'll be there from around 8am to 5pm". I really want to be like, "no! you do what IIIIIIIIIII SAY!". Never works out that way, but im on a serious gladiator battle with Verizon FIOS today and i am feeling good about a win. BIG WIN! I'll let ya know how it goes. 

back to what i was originally blogging about...

We went for a run yesterday morning over the Key Bridge which separates Virginia from DC. It was freezing and we had to take a few detours because snow is still piled up EVERYWHERE. It was gorgeous, but brisk. we ran to the famous exorcist stairs from the movie, well, Exorcist. The stairs are famous because Vicar the priest falls down them and dies. (love that movie). 
Anyways, I took Scott here... hahahaha! There are only 75 stairs people, and it was daylight. He was safe. I'm not Linda Blair.
 
next, we took it to Virginia to my parents house to go sledding in their backyard which backs up to a cemetery, thus why it's named, "sled with the dead". Im going to start charging people to use the hill and make t-shirts. it's rad. 

  
 
 
 
everyone's bodies were sore today except mine. I didn't feel like landing HARD on my stomach just yet. :)

the most exciting part of this weekend was that my sissy took the train down from NYC to see me. It was the most needed hug ive needed and i feel like a new person just having spent time with her, heard her laugh and feel her smile. she's my best friend, my confidant and someone i can say anything to and she won't get grossed out with hospital details. :) She listens, she rubs my back when i need it and she makes me laugh so hard i forget why im crying. (I can't believe you found the baby in the king cake!). Jill, you won't know the magnitude it meant on me to have you come down. spending time with you is invaluable and i am so happy i'm not across the country from you again.
SISSIES BACK TOGETHER! 
move back in! :) 

ok, off to fight a battle with Verizon now and Scott's going to shave his beard. I will document. 

LOVE!

1 comment:

Kere said...

great pics! you and jill are so cute. i hope hadley and leighton are as close :)