Tuesday, February 9, 2010

thank you for the bottom of my heart...

well, that wasn't fun but now i am finally out of the hospital with some interesting stories and some pounds lost. it was all just a scam to loose some weight before getting married... yeah right. unfortunately the trip will have to be cancelled because i am not well enough to continue driving and by the looks of the nationals weather, it doesn't seem like a good time to drive either.  For those of you who do not know, i have crohns disease. it's something I rarely talk about and frankly until recently was extremely ashamed about because if you know me, i am carefree, always happy and make the best out of every day. that personality will continue to shine but i have to be much more careful. since I had many people sending me messages of good health, and people praying for me i shouldn't let this happen again as hard as i can. I simply fell into a crohn's flare which means you cannot tolerate any food, even water.

here are a few highlights of the hospital trip. 
barium: 
i had to drink 900mg of barium for CT scan which typically isn't a big deal. however, when you have nothing in your stomach for over a week, its quite the feat. to help me through it, my parents and scottie played South Carolina's 2001 to pump me up through it. the first one went down pretty well, the second one, not so good. a good time puking later I got wheel chaired out and taken to the CT scan room. Because i was so dehydrated my veins were pretty tiny and shrived. they have to inject you with some dye and because my veins were too small it felt like ancient Chinese torture. the doctors told me that we'd have to try tomorrow because it was too painful... I said, "f that" bit my lip and said, "just do it!" the assistant watched the dye go through my veins to make sure they didn't explode then the test went through... the night sucked, but we all got through it and im glad i didn't have to go through it the next day.

when i got back to the room we saw that I was on quarantine. yep, quarantined. they thought i had some sort of infectious virus... my parents and scott had to wear yellow robes and gloves to which my dad responded, "what, whatever you think she has now only attacks the chest, what about my face?" jerk. haha! After a few tests and that was ruled out (duh!) things got back to normal with just trying to get me well. here are the awesome robes, we took some for souvenirs.

 
don't they look hot!? 
Alas, I am out now. we drove back to Scottsdale, AZ to stay with Scott's parents for some TLC and comfort before getting on a flight back to the tundra of DC. 


so yes, that means that the cross country trip is on hiatus probably indefinitely.  Im not able to really travel long distance but that's not to say that the life of Carrie and Scott will be boring. we will continue to live the life we fell in love with and keep it spontaneous and fun. we just have to take a break for a bit. we decided to keep up the blog for those who want to play and keep up with us. Thank you so much for all your well wishes and love, means so much to Scott and I. 

xoxo!

special thanks to my parents, they are incredible. thank you to the Kirby's, their love and support got me through and the biggest thanks to my fiance for being a true prince charming and biggest support and love in my life. im a lucky LUCKY girl. 

9 comments:

JenBax said...

Have a safe flight back! Thinking about you. Love ya
J

Lisa Marie said...

So glad you're recovering in the desert. It's a great, tranquil, healing spot and Mama Kirby is the BEST caretaker : ) Wishing you the best Care and I LOVE YOUR GUTS! See you in VA soon with Scotty and Captain Awesome!!! xoxoxo

Care said...

thank you Jen! and thank you, Lisa!

love you both!

Laurie said...

Glad to hear that you are out of the hospital!The snow here has become more of a pain then anything so you're not missing much! Rest up!!Sounds like you are surrounded by lots of love!! I'll be thinking of you. Have a safe trip home! -Laurie

Kere said...

So glad to hear you are better! My good friend has Crohn's, so I somewhat know the frustration of it, but it won't hold ya back :-) Have a safe flight back and god knows, there will be snow here for about 6 months :-)

Mamma said...

Ok...here I go again. The tears are going to start forming as you get closer to your departure. Carrie, we learned so much about crohns and no doubt I will be jumping in head first to get ready for your fundraiser in June. Keep us posted with details on that.

We continue to surround you guys with love and healing thoughts and look forward to seeing you in your new digs very soon. We love you so much!

DJRybone said...

Carrie,
You are such a tough girl!!

Glad to see you're doing better!

SHANNON said...

OMG i just had the chance to catch up! I totally forgot you made this blog bc i didnt add it to my SKV6.BLOGSPOT.COM blog roll! AHHH! I am soooooo sorry you are going through this BULL. Hang in there Carrie!!! You are a strong strong strong girl! Love that you kept updating everyone even though you were in the hospital! Props to you!....Your family, your extended family & of course your fiancé seem so loving! Awwwe! :)......Hope you feel better soon! Hugs to you!!! Shannon Danis :) PS: You look so freakin adorable even when you are sick! I hate you. :)

Anonymous said...

oh goodness. i just got a little sick in my mouth reading your description. you know how i am. i am SO glad you are ok and out of that hospital. and look at it this way, mother nature NEEDS you to make snow angels in virginia. f-the cross country trip. SNOW ANGELS! xo mara