Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I drive down a toll road every morning and every night. I have been doing this for the last few months and I have to tell ya... people are stupid. The toll booths are marked very easily... 3 lanes are for EZ-PASS. 3 are for COINS ONLY and 3 are for FULL SERVICE. They are lit up on signs, large signs. You literally have to be blind to not see them. but, WITHOUT FAIL, someone ALWAYS messes it up. If you don't have coins, don't go in the COINS ONLY line. simple, really.  What's worse is the guy who doesn't have coins but is literally crawling around inside his car looking under seats, in-between cushions and god knows where else to conjure up 75cents. Take the loss for being stupid and run through... 9 times out of 10 you won't get a ticket, just a scary bell goes off. Or, there is the "deer in headlights" driver who literally doesn't know what to do and instead of driving through they sit there frozen in fear. Horns are honking, people are yelling and they continue to just sit there as if in ice. DRIVE!

Tolls are like the security line in airports... some people have it down (a la "Up in the Air" with George Cloony). Others scramble, fall and get so paranoid and end up causing the line to wait for their idiotic'ness longer than they should.

I need to invest in a helicopter to commute. I'll look on craigslist for a used one.

3 comments:

Mamma said...

Kev and I experienced exactly what you just described. This dude was so impatient honking at the car in front of him and then when he pulled up HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY COINS TO THROW IN THE BUCKET!!!!!What an idiot! He got out of his car looking for coins just as you said....the horns were blasting away. karma......

Care said...

hahaha! that made me laugh and yes... karma!

Anonymous said...

My commute over the past month has included the following:

a. overcrowded train that broke which left me stranded 6 stops from my destination for 30 minutes.
b. a fire at mcphearson square, leaving me stranded, on a train, in a tunnel for an hour.
c. no AC on the train two days in a row in almost 100 degree heat.
d. lengthy delays causing my nose to be forced into someones armpit as I reach for something to hold on to because i can't find a seat....

....i would give ANYTHING for the freedom to drive! I hate stupid toll challenged drivers, but I hate the metro more!