Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Work Life On Paper

I'm home sick and was just thinking about my employment history. From the age of 16 to now, here are the jobs I've held...

Wet Seal (2 years) - Sales Girl - first job EVER working summers and weekends in high school. Kept me out of trouble and I made my own money to buy whatever clothes I wanted.
Abercrombie and Fitch (1 summer) - Sales Girl - I didn't do a darn thing!
Bartender (4 years) at the following bars in Columbia, South Carolina - Sharky's, Garrets, Group Therapy, Knock Knock and Flip Side. I truly believe that working as a bartender at 19/20 has shaped me into the little smart butt girl that I am today. :) LOVED it and made GREAT money.
Waitress At Texas Longhorns (3 Days) - I wanted the t-shirt that said, "don't mess with Texas".
Ticket Girl (1 year) - I sold tickets at an independent movie house called The Nickelodeon. I loved that place, it was very tiny and covered with old vintage movie posters. 
Recruiting Assistant (6 mos) - that was so boring.  
Marketing  (1 year) - I designed newspapers ads for a mortgage company and added words into the fine print that would get me fired if they actually looked at it. :)
Executive Assistant (2 1/2 years) - I worked for a non-profit pharmaceutical company and loved it so much. Totally would have stayed longer if the executive office didn't all get canned.
Project Coordinator (6 mos) - Recruiting office that I absolutely HATED my boss. I stayed long enough to get Roger Goodell into the position he is at today as the NFL commissioner. He sent me flowers and I love him.
Executive Assistant (2 years) - Lobbyist Firm working for the Congressmen of Houston. I mainly hung out with his wife and drove his awesome daughters to lacrosse practice.
Project Coordinator (2 mos) - Goldman Sachs, enough said.
Union Manager (4 mos) - My boss was going through a divorce and would drink wine from a bottle at 9am and blast Alannis Morrisette angrily all day and cry. I literally walked out of that job without saying word and never went back.
Researcher (1 1/2 years) - Entertainment Research for movies in Los Angeles. Best job EVER that I did NOTHING at.
Board Liaison (Current) - I am hoping to stay at this job. It's a digital media company for Video On Demand movies and its rad. 

That is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of jobs. Can you get me some football tickets? ;)

Care said...

I'm well rounded Natalie and have a serious problem of having to do something different after two years. ANYWAYS, yes.