Monday, August 15, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

... I went to see it.

I liked it. It was much more sad than I had anticipated, but the overall movie and cast were great. I have a massive crush on Emma Stone, even next to Ryan Gossling's "photoshopped" abs. Emma just seems to be one of those girls you could get a beer with at a baseball game or all-day shop for theme party costumes. Maybe my read on her is wrong, but, to me, I believe she is adorable.

Ryan Gossling's character is over the top "ladies man". His lines may work only because he's beyond cute but the way they made him dress... no thanks. Skinny suits just don't do it for me. I like my men to look like men. Ryan, grow your hair out some, grow some scruff and put on a t-shirt. Or, just always be Noah Calhoun from The Notebook and call it a day. forever.

Julianne Moore's character? Who cares, simply focus on her shoe selection. I was dying over a pair of gray mules at the high school and this pair of green heels at the backyard bash. Whoever dresses her deserves an award. For right now, she gets the Carrie Award. First time ever given an its for cool shoes in this movie.

Other character notes. Jessica Riley is the babysitter and I thought her face was going to spaz off with all the million facial expressions she makes per emotion per shot. Ok, I'm done.

Go see it. It's worth it.

No comments: