Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TOUGH GUY TUESDAY's

My Blog is being taken over by two new contributors. Monday and Tuesday are now themed and I hope you find them as entertaining as I do. Feel free to comment, annoy, argue or compliment if you feel. That's what that damn little button is down there. Anyhoo... enjoy the new, but still embrace the old... ME when I feel like blogging. Love yall. 

Today is my day.
It’s a Tough Guy Tuesday kind of day. This phrase was formed on a baseball field in a small town in Oklahoma called Stillwater. It’s a reference when a fellow teammate becomes a little too loud-mouthed, a little too aggressive, and a little too belligerent on the field.
Since Mrs. Kirby is tackling the fashion, music, and jumble side of things and E.Y. is taking the approach of food culture and literature I think it’s fair to make one day about manly things: Sports, Beer, Exercise, and whatever else spills out of my brain.

Welcome to Tough Guy Tuesdays with Schmitty
Can you smell it? Can you feel it? It’s coming……….FOOTBALL is near and life can get back to normal. This is the time of year where every football fan of college and NFL have hope, dreams, and aspirations that their team might pull together a magical year and go to a BCS Championship Game or make it to the NFL Playoff’s.
I personally have high hopes for my alma mater Oklahoma State University which is currently ranked in the top ten of every major poll. I also by way of marriage have the responsibility of cheering on the South Carolina Gamecocks which equally have high hopes of being crowned National Champions if their Quarterback can make it through a season without getting arrested.

Good Luck to all the teams out there, who is ready for some flabongos???
-Schmitty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough Guy Tuesday is crucial! Really needed the balance around here. Go Cocks!

Anonymous said...

2 words ROLL TIDE!