Friday, August 12, 2011

Little Game:

 Its Friday and that means there are lots of "YEY, YEY, YEY's" coming out of my mouth. I love Friday's. Even if it means doing nothing and pinching my lovey on the couch or making him dinner, I am a happy camper. Sitting at home or just relaxing was never part of my human chemistry for years but I am finding a lot more comfort relaxing.  I thank my lovely huzbo for teaching me this.

He really is my zen.

So this got me thinking about life plans. My life plans when I was younger were very interesting and unrealistic. I made a little list and you are more than welcome to do the same and share if you'd like. Send me your link to your blog and I'll post them so others can follow and fun with it too.

Its pretty funny where you THOUGHT you'd be at a certain age because you were getting "older".
Here you go:

Where I thought I'd be when I was 12: I thought I would be on track to be the best dancer in my high school and studio and practice, practice, practice to make it to Julliard in NYC.
Actuality: I was on track.

Where I thought I'd be when I was 16:  I thought I'd be dating the star athlete and having the best time of my life because duh... it's high school!
Actuality: I was grounded most of high school for really testing my parents patience and nerves and dating a total moron. ahaha!


Where I thought I'd be when I was 21: Living the gypsy life as a Production Assistant in LA and traveling all over the world (since that was my internship).
Actuality: after my internship I was back to college and bar-tending in South Carolina. My pops put an end to that gypsy dream because "getting a college degree is what's important!!!!" Blah blah blah! Some of my friends still on that movie crew are living in Prague and Germany. hmph. 


Where I thought I'd be when I was 25: Definitely married and having a kid on the way.
Actuality: How stupid was this? I really thought when I was about 23 that if I wasn't married and didn't have kids by 25 I would be a huge loser. So I nipped that in the bud by purchasing last min trips to Vegas, Miami and LA to live it up, listen to music and go to festivals and live the free life. I decided to marry crazy vacations and music instead. I was totally and against any sort of boyfriend or "being told what to do" lifestyle. To a fault.

Where I thought I'd be when I was 27: Living in a beautiful house with a picket white fence in the country of VA or in North Carolina with a huzbo and family. 
Actuality: Just quit a great job in DC, broke up with a total douche bag and was in the process of moving to Santa Monica with no real plans except seeing the west coast, my way. 

Where I thought Id be when I was 31: On my second or third kid being an outcast of the PTA for putting on ridiculous fundraisers and embarrassing my children.
Actuality: Dating the man of my dreams in Los Angeles,  doing bicycle bar crawls, playing on the beach and having literally, the TIME of my LIFE!

Where I think I'll be when I'm 35: Since I AM married now... I hope to have twins, named Bob and Bob. Traveling the world and still making my husband laugh and shake his head at my spontaneity. I'll also have my own business making extreme amounts of money and doing "laughing yoga" in my spare time.I hope to also live in a city that I love and have lots and lots and lots of friends.
Actuality: Only time will Tell

Where I think I'll be when I'm 40: still loving my life, happy with my family and have 150 dogs all named 'barky'.


Happy Friday My Friends! 

LINKS TO OTHERS THAT ARE PLAYING!

http://nataliegracie.wordpress.com/   - nice one!!!



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awesome, I did it! :)